Sunday 14 July 2013

Nexcare Acne Patch Review



Last week I actually cried whilst blogging about Hormonal Acne. I don't know whether it was my hormones fluctuating causing me to be so damn emotional or I was losing faith in myself. It just seemed like whatever I did my skin was getting worse. It was on going for 2-3 weeks straight and even had many cystic flare ups (my worse enemy!!!!).

I tried many products and began to lose hope thinking my skin will forever be a hot mess!! It was hard to look in the mirror, therefore a camera was a no go zone. But mid crisis I took this photo below.



This was me every night. The greyish patch was my innisfree volcanic mask covering the new acne and the white patch was sudocrem which I put on healing pimples.

This was definitely not ideal and just when I thought I had things all under control, my hormones was playing up again causing a massive pimple, spanning about >1cm!!!! It was one of them pimple that hurts like a b**** and you cant even squeeze it as it goes so deep down into the skin. I was away to get all teary eyed again, thinking no product will ever solve my problem. But the I remembered I bought the Nexcare Acne Patches.

To be honest with you I didn't have much hope for this product. I know it was highly raved about when I bought it but lots of highly raved about products don't live up to their expectation so I wasn't expecting much. 


The Nexcare Acne Patches claim to be :
  • A Hydrocolliod dressing which absorbs secretion and promote the healing of acne
  • The dressing protects the acne from dirt and other contaminant
  • Waterproof and breathable 



Directions:
  1. Clean and dry the skin and hands thoroughly
  2. Remove the film at the back of an acne dressing and cover it on the acne. Fix it tightly by pressing on the rim.
  3. Replace when the acne dressing turns white (indicating full absorption of secretion)
  4. Store unused acne dressing in a cool, dry place.

ASDJOKLJHDSXF...................... I WOKE UP AND LITERALLY MY CYST WAS GONE!!!!! I'm not kidding you guys I never had a miracle product like this before. There was a faint mark where the acne was but my skin was flat. No nasty raised up mountain. I'm not sure what's in this absolute beauty of a product but nexcare you have mastered cystic acne. HOORAYYYY!!! It does mention there is ethylene oxide as a active ingredients which I believe will create more oxygen into the area killing the anaerobic acne causing bacteria but at the same time absorbing the pus and creating a moist and clean enviroment for the skin to heal. No over drying was experienced and the area was left to heal without a scar.

So I didn't take a picture of my nasty cysts. Since I was too emotionally horrified but I've got a similar situaion.Ok, please prepare yourself before scrolling down as I have a disgusting pus-y spot :( Cant actually believe I'm posting my spot infested chin here (one of my all time low) but it'll give you a clearer idea of the end result =]












If you suffer from pimples big or small, it definitely worth giving these acne patches a try. They come in all different sizes. I bought the large ones but I'm away to buy some smaller ones for smaller pimples. They prevent you from picking your pimple and provide a good environment for the pimple to heal. The patches work well with new pimple which haven't formed a head too. I'm not sure if these are an ideal choice for consistent cystic sufferers but you could gives these patch a whirl. So get patching up ;)



Acne 0 - Human 1


Rate- 10


Miss Budget Barbie  ^.6

No comments:

Post a Comment