Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Smoothie a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!






No beauty product can do as good as job than what goes into your body. I'm sure you've all heard from now that beauty shines from within. The saying "You are what you eat " is well known now. Although it's ok to eat a bit of unhealthy food every now and then, you always have to do it in moderation and have a healthy balance of good and bad. Your skin and most of all, your health will thank you for this in the present and further along in the future.

But I understand, like me I find it difficult to eat 5 fruit and veg a day. Also I cant find time for it, which is such a lame excuse. But I've discovered an amazing way to indulge on lots of yummy fruits. Which is....... blending them all into a smoothie.


This recipe contains 3 portions of fruit but you wont even know it. Also adding natural yoghurt which is full of probiotic and mixed seed to add extra nutrition to a nutritous drink ;) . Blending them will also help your body absorb the nutrition more readily. Especially the seeds which can be quite hard for the body to digest.

When I have time I usually like to have porridge in the morning then make this smoothie. I feel like a healthy breakfast gives a kickstart to the day and therefore gives me more energy to tackle through the hard day ahead. If your on a diet this is also a good way to lose weight as fruits contain low calories and lots of water, which will fill you up. The sugar present is also all natural which may help with some people with a sweet tooth to satify their cravings.


Ingredients


  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Berries (I use frozen but it's best to have fresh ones)
  • Natural Yoghurt
  • Mixed Seeds
p.s. you can be as creative as you want combining your favourite fruits and/or veg into your smoothie!!!!

  
Hope you try this recipe and try to incoporate it in your everyday intake. You will definitely see results and if you don't, don't worry it is working from the inside out. 


Good things come to those who wait!! 



Miss Budget Barbie >.< 

No comments:

Post a Comment