Wednesday 1 May 2013

Say No to Facial Wipes


Facial wipes are an essential for many make up wearers. There cheap and convenient but do you know they are really bad for the skin!! Although they claim to be 'gentle' and suitable for 'sensitive skin' they actually contain many harsh chemicals that strips the skin's natural oil and disrupts the pH of the skin. Wipes should only be used for 3 F's; flights, festivals and fannys. As funny as it may sound, it's definitely true. I used to be a victim of the facial wipe. I've never heard of facial wipes being harsh to the skin they all claim to be fragrance free with no preservatives and sound like the best invention EVER. So quick and easy to remove make up as well. Even doing some research online I couldn't find much information on the harms of facial wipes.
 
 
 

My skin has always been acne prone and I've used many different products from the drugstore to high end to try combat it. But why having tried so many different type of products I'm still breaking out. It was very heart breaking and I would cover my face in make up in hope to cover these blemishes. Which made it 10X WORSE!!! My skin was unable to breathe and at the end of the day I would 'take my make up off' hoping it will be better the next day! The thing is make up wipes don't actually cleanse the skin properly, residues of make up and dirt are still left on the skin and over time the dirt would block pores leading to break outs. The wipes in the packaging are filled with alcohol and preservatives to keep the wipes moist for a long period of time. These moist cloths are also a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. The amount of alcohol can dry the skin leading to premature aging, especially round the delicate eye area. Where some actually claim can be used on :O lying b****es!!  Particular ingredients to watch out for are propylene glycol, dipropylene glycol, parabens, phenoxyethanol and 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Dio. (Don't actually know what these compounds are but damnnn they sound complex and up to no good!!!)
 
 
I would like to stress how important cleansing is in your skincare routine. Remember to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, even double cleanse!!! (maybe cover in another post). There are plenty of good gentle cleanser out there that are very effective. Once I've stopped using facial wipes my skin has became so much clearer. It amazing what can change with ditching these facial wipes :) definitely one of the best decision I've ever made and now my favourite step in my skincare routine is cleasing!!! Please stop using these harsh what so called 'gentle facial wipes' they can only do harm to the skin.
 
 


 

LOL my mum actually bought a 'back up' supply of wipes for me from Costco!!! A MULTIPACK of 6!!! Gonna last me a lifetime, at least they were cheap think about £4. Sooo annoying I dunno what to use them for hahaha!! Been cleaning my phone and mirrors with them to try use them up.
 
 
 

That's all for today. Moral of the story don't trust what it says on the packaging, some companies are lying b****es!!! They only want your money!!
See you guys in the next post

Miss Budget Barbie ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment